This is the second in a series of 6 PACEs.
This PACE contains the following:
- To understand why music is important to us
- To know the purpose of music
- To recognize the four properties of tone
- To distinguish between even and uneven sound vibrations
- To state the definitions of pitch, duration, and intensity
- To label the notes and octaves of a piano keyboard
- To identify the different types of pianos
- To understand the sound mechanism of a piano
- To identify the different kinds of notes and rests
- To relate the durational value of one note to another
- To recognize and understand the different dynamic markings in music
- To explain sound quality
- To understand the functions of the human voice
- To distinguish sound quality in musical instruments
This is a General Level Elective PACE (Level 9) and requires a Score Key.
It can also be used independently by any individual wanting an introduction to music.
For more in this series, search Music.