In this level the student:
- Understands the importance of proper breathing techniques, adding variety through inflection, speaking with emotion and enthusiasm, improving eye contact, and learning to articulate sounds properly.
- Becomes mentally and physically prepared for public speaking.
- Observes how pause, stress, and pitch affect speaking.
- Identifies the symptoms of stage fright.
- Learns the importance of proper word choice.
- Uses multiple personalities in communication.
- Applies the concepts of effective speaking through the presentation of speeches.
Optional resource: Speech Illustrated (DVD)
Click on each PACE for a breakdown of what it covers.