In this level the student:
- Practices printing letters, words, and sentences.
- Reads and gains a greater understanding of vowels and consonants.
- Learns phonic rules—double and triple vowel sounds, blends, endings, digraphs, and diphthongs.
- Is encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE.
- Expands vocabulary with new spelling words in each PACE.
Word Builder, a vocabulary software for Levels 2−8, is also available for additional reinforcement and drill.
Click on each PACE for a breakdown of what it covers.