In this level the student:
- Learns about the water cycle—condensation, evaporation, precipitation, cloud shapes, and the characteristics of air and water.
- Studies living and nonliving matter, gravity, minerals and their uses, plants’ needs, and plant conservatories.
- Identifies simple machines.
- Learns about respiration and blood circulation, the diaphragm and heart, digestion and saliva.
- Focuses on good hygiene and teeth; bacteria, viruses, and fungi; and the design and function of the skin.
- Is introduced to early men of science.
- Studies rockets and airplane flight.
- Understands the need for exercise, sleep, and proper nutrition for the human body.
- Is encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE.
- Continues to add new vocabulary words.
Click on each PACE for a breakdown of what it covers.