In this level the student:
- Defines and identifies new math terms: quotient, dividend, numerator, and denominator.
- Uses addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication with fractions; identifies proper and improper fractions; and reduces fractions to lowest terms.
- Factors numbers from least to greatest, and finds the Greatest Common Factor (GCF) and the Least Common Denominator (LCD) of fractions.
- Recognizes the place value of each digit in numbers up to thousands.
- Learns to represent and compare whole numbers and decimals.
- Learns the commutative properties of addition and multiplication and estimation.
- Compares numbers, sentences, words, decimals, and fractions using > and < symbols.
- Defines and identifies prime numbers.
- References charts, pictographs, and line graphs.
- Writes Roman numerals 1-399.
- Learns basic geometry—points, lines, rays, and angles; identifies geometric shapes; identifies similar and congruent figures; and finds the volume, perimeter, and area of figures.
- Learns about probabilities and ratios.
- Processes simple unit conversions such as centimeters to meters within a system of measurement.
Click on each PACE for a breakdown of what it covers.