In this level:
Basic algebraic concepts (definitions, signs, and expressions) are introduced in a carefully structured way
to make the learning material understandable. This curriculum includes principles for logically solving,
transposing, and canceling algebraic equations.
The student works with:
- Monomial and polynomial expressions.
- Algebraic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Complex fractions: reducing, simplifying, and solving word problems.
- Algebraic graphs—linear equations, consistent, inconsistent, and dependent in word problems.
- Quadratic equations, factoring, positive and negative numbers, averages, percents, interest, ratios, and proportions, and translating word problems to algebraic equations.
- The Pythagorean theorem.
Twelve DVDs reinforce this course.
Click on each PACE for a breakdown of what it covers.