In this level the student:
- Identifies, reviews, and diagrams simple, compound, and complex sentence patterns.
- Reviews eight parts of speech and studies prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections.
- Is introduced to infinitives and gerunds.
- Reviews principal parts of regular and irregular verbs—perfect tenses; conjugation of all six tenses; progressive verb forms; transitive and intransitive verbs; and subject-verb agreement.
- Increases noun study—exact, compound, collective, plural, and possessive.
- Develops use of personal pronouns—nominative, objective, and possessive case; demonstrative, interrogative, relative, reflexive, and indefinite pronouns.
- Applies adjectives as indefinite pronouns, nouns, participles, and predicate adjectives.
- Develops writing and communication skills through use of sentence variety, outlining, paragraph writing, composition writing, and proofreading.
- Works with paragraph structure—indenting, main idea, topic sentence, summary, dependent and independent clauses, and phrases.
- Is encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE.
Click on each PACE for a breakdown of what it covers.